The National Premmie Foundation (NPF) is the peak body in Australia for charitable organisations that operate to provide support to families who experience premature birth or neonatal loss. With member groups across Australia, the NPF is the largest organisation in Australia representing the interests of families of preterm infants.
What does the National Premmie Foundation do?
- Act as a parent body guiding and assisting prem support and bereavement groups to achieve their objectives
- Represent the interests of parents of prems in terms of hospital policy, health policy, funding and standards of care
- Raise the profile and awareness of the plight of NICU/SCN infants and their families and the issues surrounding their care and long term development
- Work as part of an International Alliance to reduce the incidence of preterm birth
- Co-ordinate World Prematurity Awareness Month and World Prematurity Day (which occurs in November each year) activities throughout Australia
Become a Member
Membership of the National Premmie Foundation is automatic upon becoming a member of one of the NPF member organisations.
To join: contact a member organisation